TEM - a TLA+ Mode for EMACS
Computer Networks and Distributed Systems Group (RvS)
University of Dortmund, CS Dept.
A new alpha release (0.4) of TLA+ Mode has been released. This is a major
mode for GNU Emacs 19 for supporting the specification process of
TLA-based specification languages.
- parsing error messages from TPP (tTLA+Browser)
- support for running commands on the top module of the current
specification or on the current buffer
- generating LaTeX files conforming to spec92.sty
- support for handling multifile specifications
- support for font-locking
- easy accessible insertion of headers and keyword templates via menu or
- sophisticated indentation for a wide range of tTLA+ expressions
- supporting nested bulleted lists of conjunctions and disjunctions
- partial semantic analysis with error handling
- flexible commenting of lines, regions and symbol definitions
- outlining of specifications
- direct menu access to on-line documentation
- easy bug-reporting thanks to the reporter package from Barry Warsaw
Please use the bug reporter to send comments and bugs to
- not in all functions compatible to Lucid Emacs
- support for Emacs 18 dropped
- no thorough support for file extensions other than default ".t"
This is the complete release:
If you don't want to bother about generating the documentation,
consider taking the
complete documentation in DVI, Info, PostScript and HTML, which
may also be read online (
Reference Card in Postscript)
This is definitely the last alpha release.
See the file NEWS in the distribution for a list of user-visible changes.
See the file TODO for a list of current bugs.
Frank Wegmann wrote software, documentation and Web-pages as part
of his diploma thesis (completed Oct 94) in the
Tools for TLA-based specifications project.
As maintainer he also keeps his software available on his own
Arnulf Mester, 18 Nov 1994
Informatik IV, Uni Dortmund